Friday, February 22, 2013

Feature Friday - Brandy in the Spotlight

             Welcome to the first edition of "Feature Friday" where I want to put the spotlight on you.  I created this blog to not only share my story, experiences, opinions, etc... but I want to give you all a chance to tell yours.

First up is Brandy, here is her story:



Tell Us About Yourself 


Were you a slow transitioner or a Big Chopper & Why?  I was a slow transitioner. I had attempted to go natural once, but after 2 or 3 months I gave in and got my hair relaxed. It was easier for me to wear sew-ins, buns & braids than to just chop it all of initially. I did not want to do the big chop because I hate doing my hair and I didn't want to be frustrated trying to figure out what to do to my mane while growing it out.

Had you always embraced your texture? Initially I was overwhelmed and flustered going natural. I felt I couldn't do any sort of styling to it.

How did family and friends react to your decision to go natural? How did they react to the new you? What was your response to them? Pretty much everyone supported my decision. I really didn't get any backlash thankfully. That definitely helped me transition.

Describe your hair. I really don't know how to describe my hair. I don't spend much time trying to figure it out. My guess would be that it's coily, nappy and sort of thick.


What’s your current hair routine, How often do you wash, condition, and style? What are your favorite products? Details? I usually wear a twist out. It is the easiest style for me. Since it's winter time I only co-wash my hair once a week. I like to use VO5 conditioner, cantu leave-in conditioner, Kinky Curly Knot Today, coconut oil, almond oil & Sally's version of Paul Mitchell's conditioner. I only shampoo my hair once a month. 



 How do you maintain your hair at night? At night I two strand twist it. Put a scarf or bonnet on it and call it a night. Every other night I will saturate my hair with more moisturizer.

What’s the best thing about being curly? I like being natural because I can do anything to it pretty much and not have to worry about "how much damage is this going to cause to my hair?"  I can get my hair wet in the rain or the pool and still be okay. It's very freeing and liberating. I get so many compliments from women & men of all races. 



 Where can folks find you on the web? People can find me on twitter @BrandySharay Instagram @brandysharay email brandy.williams84@gmail.com Facebook Brandy Sharay Williams



To be featured please email me at: TiffanyNicholsDesign@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment