Friday, April 19, 2013

Feature Friday - Krystal in the Spotlight



Tell Us About Yourself:  I'm 30s yr old; currently living in Dallas by way of OKC. I'm a dental hygienist and makeup artist. I am a very active and motivated individual. 

Were you a slow transitioner or did you Big Chop & Why? The first time I attempted to go natural I did somewhat of a big chop. I say somewhat because I already had a short haircut, but when I cut it the shortest I had ever cut my hair before. The second time it was a slow transition because I knew what to expect.

 
How did you feel after going natural? The first time was actually pretty emotional. I personally didn't like the natural hair look on me, as far as wearing it curly. It was so different from my original look. I also found it somewhat hard to maintain or find the right products to use. This second time I realized what I really wanted out of being natural and that is to have health hair with less chemicals. I learned how to manage it better. Being natural takes patience 



How did family and friends react to your decision to go natural? What was your response to them?
My co-workers and a few friends didn't like the look at all. They were asking what's going on with me as if i had  a disease or something. My family and close friend loved it! However, it boiled down to how i felt about it- and i didn't have the confidence in the beginning. Now, however, I love that I decided to go natural again! I love it my have feel fuller and I have options of flat ironing or wearing it curly. 

Describe your hair. My curl pattern is very tight curl; it flat irons nice and smooth

What’s your current hair routine? What are your favorite products? I wash with Paul Mitchell Natural hair shampoo, "It's a 10" leave in conditioner, and "EcoStyler gel" if I wear my hair curly; if I flat iron it- spray with Chi heat protectant spray and 


How do you maintain your hair at night? I wrap it in a silk scarf

What’s the best thing about being natural? Being able to wear it in multiple ways; i also feel safer coloring with my hair without having a relaxer on it













I heard you are a part-time model is that true? (lmao!! hell naw) I have done some local print work, yes, but nothing major; however it did lead me into my passion for makeup!


How did you get into makeup artistry? Through local modeling; So i begin to do my own makeup and makeup for others ; now I have my own makeup artistry business and I work for MAC Cosmetics 

 

















What tips do you want to share with us regarding the proper application of makeup? Find the foundation that suites your skin type; remember great skin is the best way to showcase makeup



What is "Charm"? Charm is doing makeup with a statement! It's all about helping a lady feel charming after an awesome makeup session. Charm provides many services; one on one makeup lessons, makeup application for weddings, fashion shows, photo shoots, or any other special occasion.

Where can people find you on the web? www.charmmakeupartistry.com 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment