Wednesday, August 20, 2014

We Are Onyx | August Box



Hey Everyone,

I am back with another fab WE ARE ONYX Beauty Box.  For the month of August this beauty subscription box is all about sharing some summer time favorites that can also transition with you into the cooler fall months and I must say I am really impressed and really see the value in the items I received this month.


If you aren't familiar or haven't heard about We Are Onyx, they are the first ever all-in-one online beauty destination dedicated to Black Women.  Who's mission is to educate and empower OnyxGirls to embrace and take charge of their own beauty.

Now that you know more about the company, let's get into what this month's box had to bring. After opening my box, I discovered goodies from SheaMoisture, CinaPro Nail Creations, Design Essentials, Conscious Collective, and So Posh Beauty.

 
Here is a run down of the items in this months box.
 
Made with honey and shea butter, this award winning edge control gel firmly lays down the hairline and smoothes flyaway.  I must say that I used this product on my daughters coily hair and my hair as well, at it does provide a great hold that lasts throughout the day and the smell of this product is amazing.
 
Made with natural, certified organic and ethically sourced ingredients, this lotion intensely moisturizes and protects your skin rom free-radical damage promotes a youthful glow.  This product definitely moisturizes the skin and it smells delicious.
 
This new product is a warming therapy that relaxes you while it improves styling ease for a long lasting smooth/flawless finish.  I have yet to try this, but I am curious to see how it would work on my hair if I chose to flat-iron it. This is a water based product that contains a lot of natural ingredients, and this should be applied to wet hair.  The packaging does contain directions which would be helpful and the product does have an earthy/plant type of smell to it. 
 
So Posh Beauty Lip Glace - retails at $7.95
This fusion of organic cane sugar, moisturizing coconut oil, vitamin E, and al natural flavor constituents, come together to provide an exfoliating experience that is supposed to leave your lips sot and supple. I haven't tried this product out, but this could be a great alternative or someone who isn't into making DIY Lip Scrubs. 
 

 
CinaPro Nail Sugar - retails at $9.99
These high-energy, holographic liquid nail art polishes come loaded with loads of glitters in every bottle plus a LED light cap, for precision application.  Everyone will receive one of these nail polishes in their August box. You will be in awe over the light and wonder who thought of that.  I thought it was neato and really set it apart from other polishes on the market, not sure how much use I will give it, but it is still ingenious.
 
 
So, as you can see this months box is jam packed and retails at over $57.91, which is well over the $25 cost of this subscription box which includes shipping.  You are getting over double the value for the money which is always a plus.
 
If you are looking for a monthly subscription box, I would definitely recommend looking into the
We Are Onyx as your 1st stop for the ultimate beauty box.
 
Until Next Time,
Take Care & God Bless!!

Tiffany N.

1 comment: