Tuesday, August 27, 2013

The Tapered TWA

 
 
I don’t know about you, but I have been seeing so many naturals decide to cut their hair into a tapered TWA (Teeny Weeny Afro) hairstyle and I absolutely LOVE it!!!

Now wait a minute!! Don’t get any ideas!!  I AM NOT considering cutting my hair.  Maybe after letting it grow for a few more years, will I even think about putting some scissors up to my head for anything other than a trim or a dusting. LOL!!  I just really like the fact that a lot of women are rocking this style and rocking it well. 

To achieve any variation of this style I would suggest the following:

·        Go to a professional hair stylist, preferably one who knows how to cut and style natural hair.  I would hate for you or your home girl to get to cutting and messing it up so bad, you would have to go down to a fade. LOL!!  But, seriously let a professional do it. 

·        Do research either on the web, social media, or magazines and provide the stylist with a photo(s) of the way you want it cut, so that they have an idea of what you want.

·        Have a consultation with the stylist or with multiple stylists until you find the one that you are comfortable with.  While you are there ask to see some of their work.  Most stylists now take photos of their clients hairstyles they have whipped together, so don’t be afraid to ask to see what they can do. 

·        Get a recommendation from someone. Maybe you have seen a young lady rocking the hairstyle you want, don’t hesitate to stop her and ask who did it.

·        Make sure this is what you want to do!  I know hair grows back, but you may be stuck with something for a while that you really didn’t want.  So make sure you really want to cut your hair.  You can pray about it, you can even purchase a wig to see what you would look like with that particular hairstyle or you can even get a sew- in or quick weave so you can get an idea. 

 I hope you follow some of these suggestions before taking the plunge.  Also, if you do cut it I hope you love it!

*Disclaimer: I own none of this pictures.
 






















Until Next Time…..
Take Care and God Bless!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment