Sunday, July 28, 2013

Women of color: Love your hair


Women of color: Love your hair

Many Oklahoma women of color are embracing their chemical-free natural hair.
 
I was extremely thrilled to find out that some local naturals were interviewed by the main newspaper here in Oklahoma, The Daily Oklahoman, to discuss natural hair.

Heather Warlick, the Fashion Editor of The Daily Oklahoman, decided to do a piece on natural hair. I am not sure of the reason, but I assume it was because of the growing trend here in Oklahoma.  Regardless of the reason, I was glad that someone took the time to recognize us and to find out a little more about being natural, the different natural hairstyles, products used, and overall get an understanding of the natural hair movement. 

There were many familiar faces in the news article, so I was so happy for these beautiful ladies that were featured. I am hopeful that this type of recognition will bring more natural hair company sponsored events, natural hair tours, and meet-ups to Oklahoma.


Check out the interview by clicking the link below. 

http://newsok.com/women-of-color-love-your-hair/article/3865093

All  Photo are by Doug Hoke, The Oklahoman. DOUG HOKE

 
 









I

No comments:

Post a Comment