Friday, July 5, 2013

Feature Friday - Kanisha in the Spotlight!

Tell Us About Yourself:
I am 34 years old, born and raise in Dallas, TX. I am the mother of beautiful 15 year old daughter and love music and youth ministry.

Were you a slow transitioner or did you Big Chop & Why? I initially wanted to transition for a full year, but I only made it 6 months. It was really difficult to deal with the different textures, so the big chop seemed to be the best option for me.
How did you feel after going natural? In the beginning, it was hard to adjust to the new look...but I got over it pretty quickly! I loved my curls and the new strength that it gave me.

How did family and friends react to your decision to go natural? What was your response to them?
I was surprised by all of the negativity I received from family and friends..many tried to talk me out of it...but I stood firm and explained that it was my hair and my choice! But I'm happy to say, those who were most negative are eating their words....they absolutely love my hair now!
Describe your hair. I'd describe my hair as thick, big, and curly. By numbering system standards my hair texture ranges from 3b - 4b....with very loose waves in the front, tight coils in the middle, and super defined curls in the back. I have a lot going on....but I love it!

 What’s your current hair routine? What are your favorite products? My current regimen is pretty simple. My staples are buns, wash and go's, and occasional twist outs and presses. I cowash my hair once a week in the winter months, almost daily in the warmer months and try to deep condition at least once per month.



How do you maintain your hair at night? If I'm wearing a style and want to get second or third day hair, I usually pineapple or wrap my hair in a scarf. Otherwise, I sleep with my hair out on a satin pillow, to allow it to breathe.
What’s the best thing about being natural? I love the versatility of my hair. I can go wild and big, fresh and funky, or sleek and straight! My hair has it's own personality and I just play off of it!
 
Where can people find you on the web?
YouTube: kRenae4Christ
Instagram: kRenae4Christ
Facebook page: KurlfriendzKonnection


For a chance to be featured contact me via email at TiffanyNicholsDesign@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment