Friday, June 21, 2013

Feature Friday - Latifah in the Spotlight




Were you a slow transitioner or did you Big Chop & Why?  I was a slow transitioner, my reason was because I loved big hair and I liked the fullness when I would use my curl formers or my curruso rollers. Then I couldn't get used to the two hair textures.

How did you feel after going natural? It felt good to go natural; I wish I would have gone natural sooner than what I did. Then I felt like what did I do, I didn’t like my BC at first but when I got dressed and put my make up on I loved it.

How did family and friends react to your decision to go natural? What was your response to them? I didn’t tell anyone I went natural because I didn’t want anyone to turn me away from cutting my hair, when I did chop my hair off everyone didn’t like it, but my attitude was I like it and you will get used to it. Now they love my hair.

Describe your hair. My hair is full and i have a lot of shrinkage.
What’s your current hair routine? What are your favorite products? My current hair routine is a twist out or a bun in the back with a hump-bin the front, or a high pony tail. My favorite products now are shea butter and activator (yes) curl free. Lol!!

How do you maintain your hair at night? I twist my hair every night and put my silk bonnet on.

What’s the best thing about being natural? The best thing about being natural is, my daughter is 10 and before I went natural she just wanted to straighten her hair, now that I am natural I have never heard her say anything about straightening her hair. She inspired me, as well as, me inspiring her. I love to talk to other people about being natural.

Where can people find you on the web?  

People can find me on IG (Instagram) : @ladybraswell
 For a chance to be featured contact me at TiffanyNicholsDesign@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment