Friday, March 8, 2013

Feature Friday - Rickki in the Spotlight


Were you a slow transitioner or a Big Chopper & Why?
I was a big Chopper! My initial plan was to transition as long as i could...didn't work that way. I transitioned for five months, then one summer day i just cut all my relaxed hair off myself and started my new journey!

Had you always embraced your texture
No, I haven't always embraced my texture because it's super thick and takes a lot of work.
 
How did family and friends react to your decision to go natural? How did they react to the new you? What was your response to them?
My family and friends were pretty supportive of my decision to go natural. Most of the women in my family are natural so it went over smoothly. Now, when I Big Chopped, it took awhile for some of my family to get use to my new short doo..but they eventually did! My grandmother was the person who I was scared for her to see my hair..she looked at it, touched it and said "I like it!" my response was just a huge smile of relief! lol!

Describe your hair.
I really don't know my hair type...its super thick and coily

 

What’s your current hair routine, How often do you wash, condition, and style?
 My hair routine is pretty simple...I was and condition once to every two weeks depending on the product buildup..I then will style my hair (mostly twist-outs, braid-outs, or a high bun) after my wash/condition...

What are your favorite products?
Talking to a product junkie...lol..Right now I'm loving African Pride moisturizer lotion to style my hair. This product gives me great moisture and definition. I use herbal essences shampoos/conditioners, ecostyler gel, argan oil, coconut oil, cantu shea butter products...I could keep going but I'll stop there!

How do you maintain your hair at night?
At night I simple re-twist my hair and cover with a hair bonnet and sleep..I'll use a hair butter/cream if needed.
 
How do you maintain healthy length?
Mainly when needed just protecting my ends and trimming my ends every few months. 

What’s the best thing about being curly?
The best thing about being curly is living a healthier hair lifestyle and truly enjoying my natural hair and all its glory. I feel I'm truly not my hair and I have so much fun styling my "doo"

Where can folks find you on the web?
You can find me on Instagram: Rickkilowe or Facebook: Rickki Lowe and praisedance85@gmail.com


For a chance to be featured email me at TiffanyNicholsDesign@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment