Friday, March 15, 2013

Feature Friday - Deamecko in the Spotlight






  Tell Us about Yourself: I am a child of God first, a wife second, a mom, a student, youth leader,
an employee, AKA busy, busy, busy lady!


Were you a slow transitioner or did you Big Chop & Why? I started out as a transitioner because of fear. I transition for a year before doing my semi “Big Chop”. During my transition phase I did several roller sets in an effort to work with my two textures! On my 30th birthday (80’s Party) I wanted a curly fro but did not want the agony of rolling my hair and waiting hours for my hair to dry, so I went to the nearest “super Cut” (side eye) and the rest is history…. yes I  was desperate.

How did you feel after going natural? Social media makes life easy (at times), I had accepted
the new me and loved my new hair. After Facebooking my natural debut I received a lot of love
and confidence went through the roof. I was excited and very pleased with my choice.



How did family and friends react to your decision to go natural? What was your response to them? The Majority of my friends are natural!! (Whoop whoop)! My mom actually went natural not to long after I did! I received mostly love. I did, however, receive some hate from older ladies….. The ones who think that long hair defines you, I simply just let my hair speak for itself. I chopped it off and boom its back, those same ladies have nothing but compliments now!
     
Describe your hair. 
Thick and Big!! I love big hair, I embrace big hair! I really don’t understand typing hair but If I to guess I think I have some 3a around the crown of my head, 3c in the back neck area, and 3b in
the front bang area IDK maybe someone can tell me!!


What’s your current hair routine? What are your favorite products? I wash my hair on the weekend I use the Herbal Essence Hello Hydration Shampoo and Conditioner. I also use Shea Moistures Deep Conditioner and Curl Enhance Smoothie. After wash I will use a moisturizer, I haven’t chosen a favorite yet, so the moisturizer varies from Shea Moistures, Cantu, and Mixed Chicks until I find one I can’t live without. I also seal with Coconut Oil and use a glycerin of water, vitamin E and olive oil for day to day shine!

How do you maintain your hair at night? Satin Bonnet
                                                                                                 
                                                      
What’s the best thing about being natural? The best thing about being natural is having the hair that is meant to compliment my features, full, thick and full of body. Also the versatility, before going natural I was a side part, headband, ponytail wearing chick very plain very blendable (ß----- that is a word lol). THE NUMBER ONE THING IS NO MORE BEAUTY SHOP… If I do not want to spend my entire day in a beauty shop I DON’T HAVE TO.

Where can people find you on the web? On Instragram @MECKOJ, On Twitter
@Mecko7_80sbaby, On Facebook Deamecko Johnson-Turner



No comments:

Post a Comment