Friday, March 29, 2013

Feature Friday - Candace in the Spotlight


Tell Us About Yourself:

My natural journey began in the summer of 2011, I actually had a very short hair cut permed and I never went back to get it touched up so I guess you can say I went natural by accident (lol), but when I started seeing the texture of my hair as it was growing out through my transition I loved the curls! I didn't have any knowledge about natural styles. Braid outs, twist outs, etc and my hair was way too short to do anything with so all by the end of 2011 and half of 2012 I was natural but kept wigs on or weaved up my hair.  I started wearing my hair out this year and I also added some color to it to spice it up and now I'm loving the versatility of my natural texture and I personally like to stick to only 2 or 3 product lines.  I LOVE Cantu and Shea moisture.  I am still testing some others out as we speak.  My hair is growing like crazy now and it seems like its happening overnight :) I always keep my scalp oiled and my edges and ends well moisturized
 as well.  For anyone on the fence about going natural i say DO IT! It's a journey but well worth the trip!

Were you a slow transitioner or did you Big Chop & Why?
I had to do the Big Chop because my hair was so damaged from not getting touch ups with my perms and I also rocked a lot of wigs and my hair wasn't able to be out and breathe.

How did you feel after going natural?
Lol...honestly after I had cut my hair and saw how short it was, I was pleased with my texture but I felt so bald headed.  After a while though I started to love how liberated I felt going natural.

How did family and friends react to your decision to go natural? What was your response to them?
My family just wanted my hair to grow back, they didn't like me wearing weaves and wigs. They were amazed at how fast it did grow and they love the color I added to spice it up a bit.

Describe your hair.
My hair is VERY thick, Color treated, and I believe it's 4b texture.  Its naturally curly now when it's wet.


What’s your current hair routine? What are your favorite products?
Right now I am wearing my hair straightened. I got it done at a salon using Design essentials straightening system for natural hair.  Usually after washing my hair I use cantu leave in conditioner to detangle or shea moisture curling souffle.  I do a twist out or braid out, let it dry and tie it down with a silk scarf.  When my twist out is about a few days old then I start doing different styles with my favorite product right now Elasta QP Olive Oil & Mango Butter Moisturizer.  I make sure my scalp is oiled with different types of oils.  Tea tree oil, olive oil, coconut oil, and argan oil just to name a few. 

How do you maintain your hair at night?
At night I just make sure I keep my ends and edges moisturized and I use a silk scarf to tie it down.  My twist outs usually last for about a week and I redo them but if I feel that it looks bad I just put my hair up in a afro puff with Eco Styling gel securing the edges for a sleek look.

What’s the best thing about being natural?
The best part about being natural is the versatility! The fact that I can rock so many styles and colors and curl patterns just makes being natural great! Its also healthy and gives me a lot of self confidence. 

Where can people find you on the web?

I am on facebook and instagram: ccomesfirst on Instagram & cchanelunique on Facebook also Like my fb page (Chanel's Seacret Corner) and check out my business website for all Natural skin care line www.seacretdirect.com/candacechanel :)

No comments:

Post a Comment