Tuesday, May 28, 2013

No Heat Curly Updo



A few weeks ago I did this hairstyle and posted the below pics on instagram. 


I received a lot of requests to do a hairstyle tutorial on this look, so I redid the style and filmed the process.
This is super easy to do and will last you about a week, if you sleep with a bonnet or a silk/satin scarf or pillow case. 

Here are a few Pros and Cons with the Hairstyle: 

Pros: 
No Heat
Easy to Do
Last about a week
Can Dress it Up or Down

Cons:
Hurt Something Terrible Sleeping in the Rods!!! LOL

What I used to achieve the style:
Coconut Oil

Hair Ties

EcoStyler Argan Oil Gel

Hair Brush

Purple Flexi-rods
I did this hair style on dry hair.  I put my freshly washed hair into a bun for a few days until it was completely dry.  I did the style on dry hair to avoid having to sit  under the hair dryer to set my hair if it was wet. I also didn't want to set it on wet hair and go to sleep on them just to wake up and many of them still be wet. That would make the hairstyle a complete fail. So, I did it on dry hair and added the gel to dampen the hair and to set the hair once it dried on the rods overnight. The gel did not make my hair hard at all.  I simply set the hair, let it dry overnight and removed the rods the next morning. I applied coconut oil to my hair to add shine and to minimize frizz. 
 
I would recommend this methods if you have tightly coiled hair making it hard to set properly on rods when your hair is wet. It will allow your hair to get a good hold onto the rods.  If your hair is shorter than mine, you can use smaller flexi-rods or even perm rods to set your hair and just use hair pins and bobbi pins to make it an updo.

Here are some pictures showing the results. Also, you can check out the complete process in my latest YouTube video below. 








Let me know your thoughts on this process, have you ever tried flexirods on dry hair?

Until Next Time,
Take Care and God Bless!!

 Tiffany N

No comments:

Post a Comment