Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Crochet Braids - Not so 90's Anymore


Hey Everyone....I am sure when you saw "Crochet Braids", you made a face like, "Ugh....we don't want to hear about those old things" LOL!! Well, let me tell you we have certainly come a long way from the 90's version of Crochet Braids and I am so glad about it.  No longer do we use tiny braid extensions or greasy looking string weave, but we have evolved into more natural looking weaves that tend to mimic real hair.

I decided to do this protective hairstyle on my daughter again to give me a break from the daily hair styling.  Crochet braids are easy to install and take roughly 3-4 hours for the entire process.  (Washing, Deep Conditioning, Braiding, and then Crocheting). They normally last anywhere between 4-6 weeks and they are very easy to maintain.

At night you can wear the hair in a satin bonnet or put the hair into a ponytail holder and pull it back away from or face and sleep on a satin pillow case.  The next day, you will need to shake your head and fluff the hair.  That's it!!! 

To maintain a clean scalp, you can do ACV (apple cider vinegar) and water mixes and rub the mixture onto your scalp with a damp wash cloth.  You can also spray a bit of water, conditioner, and an oil onto your scalp and massage it in.  Avoid getting the weave hair very wet as they can lead to tangles and matting.

Below is what I used:  (2.5) packs of Model Model Water Wave Hair, Beautiful Textures Mousse, EcoStyler Gel, Latch Hook, Entwine Couture Crème De La Mold Pomade, Brush, and a few hair accessories.

 
Below are Pics of my big girl and my YouTube tutorial!!!

 

 


**CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE TUTORIAL BELOW**



Until Next Time,
Take Care and God Bless!!!

Tiffany N.

No comments:

Post a Comment