Friday, October 10, 2014

Crochet Braid with Marley Hair

 
Hey Everyone,
 
One of the hottest trends going on right now is Crochet Braid with Marley Hair.  Yes, with Marley Hair. So many women on Instagram and YouTube have been sharing their version of this hairstyle and I absolutely love it.  I know I have already shared a cute kid friendly crochet braid hairstyle with you all that my daughter absolutely loves (check that out by clicking this link), but I wanted to come back and share this fabulous protective hairstyle with you all that looks so real your man or curlfriend will think it’s yours. LOL!!!
 
As I said before, this style has been all over the natural hair social forums and the realistic look of this style compelled me to give it a try in order to give my hair a little break. Continue reading to find out how I prepped my hair for the style, what I used, some tips, and of course a full How To YouTube Tutorial.
 

Hair Prep:
I shampooed my hair with the Trader Joe Tea Tree Tingle Shampoo and followed up with a Deep Conditioning by using the Trader Joe Tea Tree Tingle Conditioner.  I let the conditioner sit on my head for about 30 mins with a plastic cap on before rinsing it out.
 
It is always important to make sure your hair is properly moisturized before doing a protective hairstyle.
Deep conditioning your hair is a great way to insure your hair is thoroughly moisturized and able to withstand being in a protective or covered up state.
 
 
 

What I Used:
·         (3.5) packs of Femi Marley Braiding Hair
·         Naturalsis72 Hair Styling Butter
·         Denman Brush
·         Latch Hook
·         Hair Scissors
·         Perm Rods
 
Total Time:
The total style took roughly 6 hours to complete.  That is from the shampooing process to the final rod take out and separation.
 
Tips:
·         Give yourself plenty of time to commit to doing this style, this is no walk in the park, but can still be done.
·         Make sure you have a good braid base.  Your base/foundation will dictate how long the hairstyle will last.
·         Make sure you do smaller braids in the front of your head, which will allow you the option to change your parts easily and will give it a more natural look.
·         Use smaller pieces/sections of Marley hair in the front area.  That will also give you a more natural look making this appear as it came from your own head.
·         When dipping the rods into the boiled water for the back and crown section of your hair it would be best to have someone assist you.  (You can lay on your back or stomach to make the process easier)
Check out my YouTube Tutorial Below:
 
 
Below are a couple of YouTube videos that inspired me to try the style out.
 
 
 
 
Until Next Time,
Take Care and God Bless!!!
 
Tiffany N.

Tiffany Nichols Design

 
 
Uplifting, Educating, and Promoting the Beauty of Natural Hair 

1 comment: