Monday, December 16, 2013

3rd Annual Oklahoma Naturals Expo Recap


Hey Everyone....a few months ago I was contacted by the beautiful ladies of Resilient Soul about being a guest blogger/speaker at their upcoming 3rd Annual Oklahoma Naturals Expo.  I was super excited as this was going to be my first speaking engagement centered around natural hair and I couldn't wait.  After some back and forth communication the deal was sealed and it was official, I was a speaker.

I prepared my presentation on "THE BASICS: Healthy Natural Hair Regimen 101", well in advance and practiced daily to make sure I had it down, but I was still nervous.  I wanted to make sure I presented the information in a way that was easy to understand and I wanted to make sure the content was interesting with a touch of humor.


In order to add the finishing touches to my presentation I wanted to make sure I had a take away for everyone that attended my presentation, so I reached out to a few hair care product lines for sponsorship and I was pleased when Elasta QP http://elastaqp.com/ and Mixed Chicks http://www.mixedchicks.net/ agreed to send me full size and sample sizes products for giveaways. Thanks again!!! I recruited my kiddos to help put my giveaway bags together and was very pleased with the turnout.  I had over 75 giveaway bags and 5 swag bags to getaway during the Q&A session of my presentation.

 
 
 
The EXPO was held on Saturday, October 26th and it a huge success....there were tons of beautiful naturals in attendance from Oklahoma and surrounding states.  I met so many lovely bloggers and vloggers and so glad I was able to network with many of them.

 
 
The beautiful Yolanda Renee http://etcblogmag.com/ was such a sweetheart and I thoroughly enjoyed her presentation "Mommy and Me".



There were so many vendors setup that it looked like a shopping mall or the swap meet.  The vendors offered products such as hair care products, jewelry, clothing, health information and products, and the list goes on and on. 

 
I had a wonderful time and was so excited with many people recognized me from YouTube and from Instagram.  That was definitely an awesome feeling.


Overall, I was excited to be apart of this event and I can't wait until next years rolls around.  I know it will be bigger and I can't imagine it being better.  Please make sure you check out Resilient Souls website. http://www.resilientsoul.com/ and their Facebook page   https://www.facebook.com/ResilientSoul in order to stay in the know with other upcoming events they will be having in Oklahoma in the future.


I hope to see you all there next year if not sooner!!

Stay tuned for my recap of the Natural Hair as Art Hair Show!

Until Next Time,
Take Care and God Bless!!

Tiffany Nichols












 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment