Monday, September 9, 2013

ChariT’s Inspirational Creations and Natural Hair



Today, I have the Lovely Chari on my Blog Today.  She is not only a Natural Hair Beauty, but she is also the Business Owner, of ChariT’s Inspirational Creations.  I discovered her almost a year ago Instagram and I purchased this beautiful bracelet pictured below from her.  I absolutely love the quality of her pieces and I love the message behind them. 

Well, Chari took time out of her schedule to inform us a little but about her business and also to share a little bit about her natural hair journey. 

Check out the interview below:

Hello Chari….Thank you for taking time out of your schedule to speak with me today.  I know you are a busy woman, so we will jump right into it.
 

For those that don’t know you…can you tell us a little bit about yourself?
I am a blessed woman of God who loves my natural hair and inspiring others to live God’s purpose for their life! I am a stay at home mom of twins, entrepreneur, and I create inspirational jewelry

 
Can you share with us what ChariT’s Inspirational Creations is all about?  
I create inspirational jewelry to celebrate and uplift others. I want everyone to know they are and to feel beautiful.  Be confident in themselves and know that they are a blessed child of God!

How did you get started? What was your inspiration?
After being blessed with twin babies who have given me a new outlook on life and my purpose in the world. I was laid off from my job. I wanted to not just be a 'mother' (I know we sometimes get caught up in our 'roles'), but a woman living her purpose and dreams in life!

Knowing that I love to inspire and uplift others I searched for an outlet. Then one day it hit me! I love to wear unique and eye catching jewelry. So why not make my own?

And what if the jewelry made me feel beautiful and inspired me at the same time??

Voila! The idea was born... ChariT's Inspirational Creations!
 
 
Wonderful….it is amazing how He always works things out for our good.  So, how did you come up with the name?
I love doing things to help others and further God’s purpose for my life. ‘Charity (noun): love directed first toward God but also toward oneself and one's neighbors as objects of God's love.’ A great definition that matches what I aim to do and Chari is my nickname and T is the initial for my last name.

What kind of merchandise do you sell? Is it all hand-made by you?
I create Unique & Trendy Handmade Christian jewelry for men & women. Hand stamped inspirational jewelry, spiritual jewelry, natural hair earrings, cause awareness jewelry, mommy jewelry, musician jewelry, going green, and sorority jewelry; we do it all and much more!

You do have some try talent and I simply love your pieces.

What are your most popular items?
My natural hair earrings, Faith Over  Fear studs, men’s bracelets, and Sandy hook earrings.

Well, can you tell us what’s new with ChariT’s Inspirational Creations?  
What can we expect in the future?
My hand stamped jewelry is a new addition to CIC and I am loving it! You can expect more inspirational jewelry, t-shirts, motivational speaking, and wherever God leads me!

Now….You know I couldn’t let you go without talking about your natural hair. 

Were you a slow transitioner or did you Big Chop?
I had kinky twists put in my hair for about 2 months and after I took them out, my friend cut my perm off. So I transitioned?

Oh okay….so how did you feel after going natural?
Courageous and free! Lol.

LOL….That is definitely a common reaction. 

How did family and friends react to your decision to go natural?
They had mixed reactions but it was something I had wanted to do for a while and didn’t have the courage to do. My sisters and mother are actually natural now. :)

That is Great….All it take is one person to inspire others around them. 

How would you describe your hair?
I have a ‘love/hate’ relationship with my hair lol. I am still trying to find the right products for my hair but I love its thickness! I have 4b/c texture I believe.

Can you share your current hair routine with us?
I moisturize my hair with water, choice of oils (castor oil, coconut oil (my fav), and/ or olive oil), and Shea Moisture’s curl enhancing smoothie.

What are your favorite products?
I love Shea Moisture’s Curl Enhancing smoothie because it moisturizes my hair very well, doesn’t make it heavy, and brings out the natural curl pattern of my hair.

That is one of my Favs as well!!!

How do you maintain your hair at night?
I mist my hair with water at night and pineapple it with a scarf and then put on a satin bonnet.

In closing, what would you say is the best thing about being natural?
Knowing I am being authentically me! I am not putting dangerous chemicals on my scalp which will go into my body. It is a great feeling to know that I am doing what is best for me.

Thanks again Chari for sharing with us today. 

To see more of Chari and to support her business, please check out the following sites:
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ChariTs.Inspirational.Creations
Instagram: http://instagram.com/cicinspireme
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/cicinspireme
Blog: http://charitsinspirationalcreations.blogspot.com/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/cicinspireme

1 comment:

  1. Her creations are really gorgeous. And they are not just gorgeous, they are also inspiring too. Thanks a lot for sharing her inspiring story.
    GoghJewelryDesign.com

    ReplyDelete